1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Belt drive pump installation 77 Dodge??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by HALH VT, Nov 25, 2007.

1. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Does anyone have any pictures of a Fisher belt drive pump installed on an older (70-80) Dodge with a 318 engine? I am putting together a backup truck, 77 Dodge W200, ex-army. I changed the "Armstrong" steering to power steering, got the whole system from a junker. The truck had a monstrous 24 volt auxiliary alternator, I took it off and may wind up using that mounting for the plow pump.

I could also use any information about a Fisher wing. I haven't seen it yet, but am supposed to be getting it this week. Supposedly it has all the mounts, hoses, valve, and controls. Since it was probably designed for a cab and chassis setup, I may have to lift the box to install it, then cut the sheet metal to fit around it when I lower the box back down.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

3. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

Here's a 1974 W100 with the 318, Fisher hydraulic setup:
    [​IMG]
    This isn't what's shown in the Fisher diagram, obviously. I bought the plow used about 6 years ago, brought everything to a local shop including the Fisher diagram, they claimed it couldn't be mounted that way so did it this way, with the pump right above the power steering pump--belt runs off a second, outer groove in the fan pulley. Works great.

Not the best photo, I know--if you want a better look I can take my digital camera out there and get some detail shots.