1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Belt Drive Fisher Problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ButchHowe, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ButchHowe

ButchHowe Junior Member
    from ny

Installed a used plow setup on my old s-10 to use around the yard. The belt driven pump and manual control valve came from an operating system which became available when the previous truck threw a rod. The 4 way plow has been setting for a few years. All went well until the actual test. No pressure!! Loosened the line going to the ram--nothing when I actuate the valve. Now, this pump and valve were operating last week! Is there a way that it can be airlocked? Fluid is full, Everything is the same as on the other truck yet I can't get any pressure. I can't figure this out although its probably simple. Help1 thanks, Butch

2. jdsfarm

jdsfarm Junior Member

This setup may have a filter somewhere that could be clogged. I had a similar experience with my Fisher setup - belt-driven pump under the hood with a clogged hydraulic fluid filter. Just a gues, but maybe worth checking.

3. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Junior Member

I had a similar problem. It ended up being the packing in the cylinder was too tight. However, the fact you have no fluid coming out of the hose at the cylinder means it up stream of that. If you can't find a cloggged filter, check and see if the quick connects are bad. That seems to have happened to a number of people on the site.

4. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

I am sure you already checked but are you sure the electric clutch is engaging so the pump is really running. I just mention this becuase I had a clutch fail on an old fisher.

5. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Are you sure that the lines from the pump to the valve are not backward?