1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

belly plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rico, Nov 24, 2008.

1. rico

rico Member

2. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

I really don't know why you would want that. It looks to me like it raises the truck up a little, thus causing less traction. The dump bed with spreader might be a cool idea for driveways or a very small lot.

3. rico

rico Member

It is for scraping the ice. I bet it would clean driveways right down to the pavement. The other advantage is that it does not stick out as far as a rear plow.

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

A rear plow sticks out for a reason. That reason is so your not back dragging with your front blade, and you can get closer to garage doors with it. This blade serves little purpose other than to break up hard pack or ice. I don't see a big enough advantage for it, at least not here in NW Ohio.

5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

That truck/setup is awesome! I like the controller on the stick shift handle.

I think belly plows would be pretty cool on a pickup for scraping ice, be nice if that technology made it over here.

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

if you plow roads or big parking lots it would help out alot.

7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I'v been mounting my fish-stick on the shift lever for 22 years

8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

as long as it could be angled , and stuck out fare enough so your nxt pass would clean it up

9. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

pretty pointless

10. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Screw the plow, I just want the controller.

:nod:

11. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i like the whole truck myself

12. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

pretty cool in cab set-up but i would rather put a larger back blade on my truck because that little belly plow is no good for back dragging...either way that truck looks pretty cool

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That blade is not for backdragging, it's an etching blade. It leaves gouges in the hard pack and ice so it's not as slippery.

14. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

Seems like an awful lot of button pushing just to push snow.

15. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i posted before i saw the video. that blade is not really a belly blade, like JD dave said its for etching the ice to provide better traction.