1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Belly plow 3 ton -any good

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ivomec, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Ivomec

Ivomec Junior Member

I have been doing decent sized chain stores, but have been offfered the big mall in town, but i am not sure if i can do it. It is good money, but only if i can get it done. I have an s300 bobcat with a 10' push and i can get a good deal on a 3 ton with a belly plow and sander, but i have never had any experience with a belly plow.
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A belly plow or slush blade as I call them, is completly useless for what you want to do with it. Maybe you can put another blade on the front of the 3t.
  3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

belly blades are not ment to plow parking lots, they are for doing roads, where they only need to clear at most 20 or so feet. i watched a DOT truck plowing a park and ride lot get stuck. the snow piled up under the truck since the belly blade could not deal with the large volume. he was stuck in the middle of the lot on a pile he created with no chain to pull him off. he wasnt amused when i laughed at him.