1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Believe it or not,not my first time starting out!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 28, 2013.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This is actually my 2nd time around trying out the land/snow business. Started with a company back in 85 and worked for a few yrs.Wanted to go on my own ,but I was trying to run it like the old company, didn't work out. So I went back to them and worked another 13 yrs with them! But this time I didn't do what they were doing and didn't try and cheap out on everything. Maybe spent a little more on new stuff but at least it wasn't falling apart all the time. So 12 yrs later still hanging on!Thumbs Up

2. ddobson

ddobson Junior Member
    from pa

Interesting. What do you find as your top challenges in the business?

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Staying off plowsite posting pics! :laughing:

4. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

finding good shows to watch during the winter while its now snowing and hes getting paid

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm watching you.

[​IMG]

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Few people get it right the first time. I didn't.

7. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

I felt alot better once I gave up all hope

8. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I started when i was 13 with a neighborhood route and never looked backed. 19 years later, still going strong. Learned everything the hard way, no one to hold my hand

9. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing: HAHAHAHAHAHAH. :laughing:

10. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I f you get out of business a second time you can come and work for me .... Due to the weather, I have not plowed in 2 years .... Even you would qualify !!!!

11. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats GV on your 12 years and counting! Usually running a business your way is the best. Find what works for you and who cares what the other guys are doing.