1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Being seen while plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Metro Lawn, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I just added this truck to our fleet. I decided to try using reflective lettering for some added safety and added attention. What do you think?

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I like it. Looks very good. That should stand out like the ems vehicles.
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

That is sweet! I like it alot
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have always been a fan of reflective lettering. :cool:

It's another cheap but effective warning device.
  5. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Wow!! That tape lights up that truck like a christmas tree!! Looks great!! Maybe add a mini light bar or beacon on top of the cab?
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

No thanks. Whose attention are you after at 2 a.m. other plows ?
  7. conifers4

conifers4 Junior Member

Probably for the idiot and drunk drivers on the road at night.
  8. Metro Lawn

I have a LED bar from the truck this one is replacing, just haven't had time to put it on yet.
  9. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! The only thing I was thinking is that truck should be only for business. Wouldn't want to leave the bar on saturday night during the summer.
  10. Metro Lawn

No problem there. All of my trucks are company trucks. I drive a Chrysler 300 as my daily driver.
  11. Matt10486

Matt10486 Member

How much did that run you? Any extra?
  12. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

i thought about doing that also adding the strobes that go in the headlights
  13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That looks really nice.
  14. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Very nice looking set up. Drunks will appreciate the better, brighter target at 3:00 am!
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Depending on what he plows he may be different then others on here. At my commercials at 2am I see no one, however doing apartment complex's for a friend it's surprising how many people feel the need to be out at 2am in a snowstorm.
  16. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

24 hr quickie marts always have business and at least here in ny its dark at more times than just 2 am and depending on his level of service he could be out doing cleanups with the truck and keeping lanes open well before 2am..

i think its an awesome idea and well worth the coing because not only making you more visible and hopefully safer in a lot it also is awesome advertising! looks nice be sure to post a nice night pic with the lightbar going this winter in a nice storm :D
  17. Metro Lawn

Reflective material can run from 3x to 5x as much as plain vinyl lettering, depending on the quality you buy. The cost for this truck was $300 and I can usually do the same without reflective for $75.
  18. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

LOOKS GREAT. def gonna have to think about doing that with the next truck
  19. gkm

gkm Senior Member

looks really bright nicely done