1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Being Competative $$$ an make money.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by schockservices, Nov 27, 2011.

1. schockservices

schockservices Junior Member
    from ND

Can anyone help me out I am curious how you guys figure pricing. Here is the situation I hold contracts with 2 cities 2 townships 1 subdivision. I would like to get other accounts like convenience store and things. My contract reads after first inch accumulates I roll and begin pushing at rate of 80/hour for my customers with the roughly 250-300 miles per storm a 16 hour push is usually the norm am I close for numbers its hard to show profit after expenses and when i need county to wing the charge me 150 per hour. Ask anything I will check back, so far both cities closed the deal and 1 township, but I hate going per call because I also have another job but my boss is pretty cool about it.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure about your area but, our town plows some roads for the county and they charge 1700.00 a lane mile for the season.If I'm reading right you make about 1280.00 each time you go out. As for winging ,why not buy your own?

3. schockservices

from ND

I looked at a wing for my pickup but sounds rough on equipment. I just went to a diesel so hopefully it is more economical I would put on fuel 3 times sometimes more on my routes kinda sucked hope it gets better was gona hang it up but was asked to several meeting and they said with the excellent customer service name my price and I didn't want to be greedy I still have to face people I get alot of thank yous at christmas time. Was getting 70 but went up to 80 still finding it hard to make it. Wanted to buy big truck but then still have to mobilize pickup to do city streets and alley's. Just curious if I am being realistic or lowballing nobody to bid against me anyhow lucky me.

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

How could you feel bad about your price when they charge you 150 an hour for winging back the berms? I would have thrown out a much larger number if you can't show profit at 80 an hour. Maybe more in the line of 125 an hour.

5. schockservices

from ND

Thanks Rc not sure what they get in Fargo not far from me for rates maybe 4x4Farmer can shine some light for me.