1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

beginner seeking advice for buying a spreader

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by markmooress, Nov 22, 2005.

1. markmooress

markmooress Junior Member
    from nj

hello all, this will be my first year plowing snow... i am really excited about it, and am now getting everything in order to be ready for LOTS of snow. i want to buy a tailgate spreader but dont know which one to buy... this being my first year, and my budget not being the biggest i want to make sure i buy a quality product, but at the same time, i dont like the idea of putting out a small fortune since this is my first year and i don't even know if i'll like plowing. i don't think i wanna buy used either. so please give me the make and models of some good light commercial duty tailgate spreaders so i know where to start.... Thanks in advance!
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

You going to be speading just bagged salt? rock bulk salt? sand mix???

A V box a possibility?