1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beginner/? about my plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Corbs, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Corbs

Corbs Junior Member

I picked up a 1995 chevy 2500 with a 8ft Uni mount western pro plow. I have a few contracts that a picked up. I dont know much about the plow, it didnt come with any of the manuals or info on it. I bought it from an older guy who hadnt really used it in the last few years and lost the info on it. Anyway I was wondering #1 how can I find what year it wa, second I was wondering about maintance to the plow. When do you know to replace trip springs, If they break or look on the edge? Is there any specifics i should look for or any common faliures? I am a technician so I know some stuff but new with the plows any help would be great
    Thanks Corbs

2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Click on the link at the top of the pages that says Western Plows and download a manual

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the site Corbs. Check in the Western Forum and read up on the plows.