1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Before Middle And After

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chcav1218, Nov 19, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Pics of my truck when I first got it, when I bought the plow, and what she's got today.

Before
    [​IMG]

Middle
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

New Additions:

-8' Fisher Minut Mount I HD
    -Whelen Mini Edge light bar
    -Whelen 90w 4 Head a Way (Both Thanks to Matt at Blue Line Enterprises for the Installation and Curtis B for selling them to me)
    -Back Rack
    -Tool Box
    -New Emergency Brake Cables
    -New alternator
    -New battery
    -Sprak PLugs and Wires
    -4 Bilstein shocks (highly recomend to anyone)
    -Timbren Suspension stops
    -Magnetic Signs

Coming soon: Cold Air Intake, 2" Leveling Kit, Balast, Trailer Hitch, and truck Balls lol

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks good man i like the mini edge.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

looks great. nice job on the refurbishing

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Nice rig. I am pretty sure that truck has torsion bars in the front. Just crank those up with the plow on it and raise the front end that way.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

nice looking truck

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh the bars are cranked all the way. All I could get outta them was 4 turns each because it bottomed out on the driver's side.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

wow I guess you will need a levelin kit then. was the plow down when you cranked the torsion bars up? gotta love black with yellow.
    [​IMG]

8. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Yeh the plow wasnt even on the truck. Part of it is because these trucks dont have springs in front, just the shocks. And I agree, black and yellow is a good mix.

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

wow my friends 05 is different then yours then. I know I cranked my torsion bars up on my old plow truck. a 96 and it worked tremendously. and it made the truck sit higher in the front without the plow on it. it didnt squat to hell lol. here are some pics of that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Thats wierd. I even have new bilstein shocks and timbrens!

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya my buddies 05 chevy 1500 I put a 7.6 western ultra mount on it and it squated I cranked the torsion bars up and it raised it so it was nice a straight so it didnt squat. My old 96 gmc squated bad with the plow but was a great running truck and I regret selling the thing. But my only guess is to put a leveling kit in it. my f250 has a solid front axle and it has blocks in it so it didnt squat. and I put the plow on that with a 8ft hd mm2 and it barely squats. Or I just thought you can put airbags in the front. and that might be better so you can raise and lower the psi in them for ride comfort when the plow isnt on it.

12. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

airbags = $$$

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

there not that bad. my 96 gmc had them in the rear and they were much. no more then $200.

14. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

$200 isn't bad. Ill have to see what happens after i put in ballast and everything.

15. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

truck looks really good chris
    nice work

16. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice set up you gta there

17. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

airbags = $$$ but broken springs = more $$$! Truck looks great!

18. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Hey Chris, looks great man. I think you're right about the ballast - about 400-500 lbs up against the gate should have you right where you want to be. Good luck, Roy

19. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Chris,
    The truck came out great!!!!! Looks to good to plow with hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SNOWANDICEMAN

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Sweet truck I agree the black and yellow match real nice