1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Before, During, and After Storm Paper work

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Austin Landscap, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Austin Landscap

Austin Landscap Junior Member

Hey Guys, I was hoping for some input from you guys. So I am 20 years old, live in NH and run a Landscaping/ Snow Removal Company. Last year we were only running 3 trucks full time including myself in my personal rig, so it was relatively easy to keep track of all the headaches and office. This year though we went from having about 10 commercial and 15 residential to 22 commercial and no residential, I run 2 F250s with plows, a F450 one ton with a sander and plow and a 3500 one ton with a sander and a plow, and a dodge dakota which is used for shoveling and Ice Control. I also have a Sub contractor on call as needed. I have been doing snow removal since I was 14 driving a loader for my neighbor in a very large industrial park and then I started my own company when I was 16 and had my own truck and own accounts while still running all my neighbors 10 Wheelers than ran on the State Highways, so I know the industry pretty well even only being 20 years old. So basically I was hoping for some input on who does what or if anyone has any spreadsheet, forms etcc. As far as paper work, shopwork, office work or whatever it may be for before storm prep, during the snow storm paper work, and after storm paper, work, shop work. Also any advice is for sure welcome, I am open to all advice that comes from succesful business owners in the industry. Making a jump from 3 full time employes to 8 deffinetly changes the game and also adds alot more work for me so I am trying to get my office paper work in order as far as figuring out how much each storm cost me and what my profit margin is as well as keeping my equipment in order and making sure my employes are doing what they are supposed to at each property etc..

Hope to hear back from you guys. Any question about the company feel free to post and I will respond back promptly!!

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

In this section "Element Of Business" there is a thread: >>>Snow Log I just got done with<<< Good reading in that thread. It will help you out. Good Luck / Rick