1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Before and after!!!!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Nov 21, 2008.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Recently I picked up an decrepid old 93 W250. This poor truck was a mess. The only pannel on the truck without any dammage was the hood. Origianally I picked up the truck for parts, but after some inspection I decied to put some time and work into it. Even after all the abuse the old Cummins will start with the tap of a key. The truck mecanically was good other than the broken frame!!!

Will be getting the truck from the body shop in a few days. My friend has replaced and staightened everything. At first I only wanted a kick and fill. For some reason he has decided to treat the truck like its going into a show and shine. Guess it pays to get your truck fixed during the slow season. In fact instead of taping the windows he decided to remove them!!! (doesn't like tape lines on rubber):eek:

Here is a short list:
    • cut and remove roof replace with rust free one
    • two front fenders
    • new drivers door
    • new rockers both sides
    • new cab corners

Will post some before pictures below. After to come mid week.I

If you have an interesting story please share. :)

2. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Geez Daff, it's gonna be too nice to plow with. lol jk It's good to see someone fixin up an old dodge/cummins. I owned quite a few 90-93's and loved them...hell I liked them better than my 02 d-max. I will get another one of these days, can't wait to see the pics!!:salute:

Sorry, thought I loaded the pictures last night. In fact the pictures show the truck to be better than it was. They dont show how mangled the box was or the million dents up and down the body.

Did I mention it is going to be white.

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

What the HELL did you do to that trk Roll it down a HILL. ??????
  5. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I wish mine was as solid I would have one Club and one Reg cab, I'm using parts off the Club for the regular cab. Watch out Daff once you add ballast and some good tires you will quickly find nothing will stop it.

Just got back from seeing the truck. The paint was still fresh and the truck looked almost new. Just add the windows and the rest of the interior. Truck will be finished on Wed. Pictures to follow. Can't wait to take the new 1993 truck for a ride. Thinking on a mild lift larger tires and turning up the injector pump and of course a pair of 4" stacks.
  7. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Looking forward to seeing the "after" pictures. Don't be afraid to drive the pig... that's what they're for! I bet it'll look showroom when it's done.

Stacks? Niiiiiiice touch!!!!!

Just got the call the truck is ready for pick up. I'm sooo excited to see it. Got some used BF All Ter's and looking into the stacks. Have some truckin friends looking for some. Painting the blade tonight ant the shop. Will post some picks tomorow.
  9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I can't wait for pics of this!
  10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Great truck. I look forward to seeing the after pics. I do have do voice my opinion though and say if you are gonna do stacks, 4" is pretty wimpy. 5" minimum, but 6 inch would be awesome! Not my truck though so...........
  11. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Any updates yet? Go with 6inch stacks, you won't regret it! wesport

Sorry for the long time in posting. Have been running day and night getting the truck ready. Have lots to do but here she is. At least it is road worthy and getting closer to competion.

93 w250b.jpg

93 w250.jpg
  13. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

You're right....She's a beauty!
  14. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks good. gotta love the old dodges
    enjoy it
  15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good Daff.:drinkup:
  16. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Man makes me want to revive my old melting 93 Club, but you had something to work with, mine is truely rotten to the core, it's a shame really. On a good note you will love how awesome the long wheel base beast will push, get some wings for that plow, with a sander or ballast that thing will move a mountain of snow. Looks great!

To be honest, if was going to do it again I be looking for a truck from the south. Sure the old truck looked decent but inderneath laid a monster can of worms.

Seems to drive decent. Still needs tires and alignment. The OD is not working (no cuisecontrol) and there is a seal gone in the air pump. As of now the oil leak is benificial for the aspect of rust but it is worse at higher rpm.

Have the salter on the W350 at the shop. Will move it to this truck when I feel it is dependable. All I know is the engine will start EZ but the rest of the drive line has been sitting way too long. Time and miles will tell.

Also at the shop sits the exact plow but a 8.5'. Will have wings on both in time.
  18. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Great looking old Cummins!
  19. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

Those older Dodge Rams are tanks! I had a similar model and the thing was unstoppable. Take care of it and it will treat you well for a very long time!!
  20. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

How many miles are on the old truck? You would never tell it was the same from start to finish