1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Been happy with your Saltdogg?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by leigh, Dec 21, 2011.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Considering putting a plow on my brother in law's dodge pickup.
    Pricing looks good. Are you happy with your plow?Any major problems?
    Would you buy again? Dealer support, warranty issues?Reliability of the V's
    and expanding plows vs straight blades.
    thanks Leigh
  2. daniel1

daniel1 Junior Member

I have owned two straights for 3 years and love them. I only clear small commercial properties. 44 contracts though. They are easy to self-maintain and parts are inexpensive. On an unfortunate side note, I have had horrible experiences with both of my stainless electric in-bed spreaders. Big time controller issues early on, then 50/50 salt sand material jamming with the feed gate wide open, corrosion and seizing of the lower halves of the spinner shaft due to being non stainless, and a few more electrical issues too long to note. I bought both in 2009 and have never felt confident that they were going to work correctly when I needed them most. I've lost contracts because of it.
  3. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Saltdogg is salters.. snowdogg is plows. I love our 1.5yd poly electric salter. newer controllers have been fixed.
  4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Thanks, yeah i meant the plows "snow dogg", wrote in a hurry on my way out!
  5. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

I've had one on my 05' Ram 1500 for the past couple of years. Loved it and I have never had any problems. I never put any helpers on the frontend. Never needed them. Plow is light enough not to cause too much front end sagging. Remember to use plenty of ballast. I put my plow away after each snow and rinse off the salt and my plow looks as good today as the day I bought it. Also remember to use dielectric grease every time you reconnect the connectors and again when you put the plow up for the season. I also go around and put a little anti-sieze on all my exposed nuts and bolts. Helps for disassembly when needed. A little TLC goes a long way in keeping your investment operating at its peak when required. Ed