1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Been a while...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DSLND, Nov 30, 2011.

1. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Hey guys,

Been a few years since Ive done nothing more than read on here but I wanted to fill ya in on whats been going on.

For those who rememver, in 2007, when i was 13, I had a Craftsman Garden Tractor with a 48" blade. That was fun, but now i'm 18, and equipped with some more serious stuff.

Pictured below are my current plow trucks, both equipped with WesternwesportThumbs Up snow blades.

Heres a list:

1999 Chevy K2500 White, Ext. Cab. 195k Miles. Western Uni 7'6" w/wings

2005 Chevy K2500 (Just Purchased) 100k Miles, Crew Cab, Long Box payup Western MVP 8'6" V. Sno Ex 575

1995 F150 4x4. No plow, used for haulin blowers and shovel guys. Just purchased two new 26" Troy Bilt blowers to go with my Toro S-200.

I will get some pictures of the trucks together, just been busy finishin up yards for the year.

2. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Heres the new whip. This is my personal truck now, and the white truck is now the dedicated work truck. BTW, the black rims are off now and factory rims are back on white, and the rims will be going on this truck next springThumbs Up

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

young gun getting **** done, way to make it happen looks like your off to a good start. Do you do residential or commercial or both?
  4. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Figured id throw in a pic of my new shop im renting. 30x60. Main office, small additional office, full bath with shower, heated garage. Much better than mom's one stall garage!

5. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Thanks, man!

Both. This year Ive got about 12 commercials, 15 houses, 39 condos (15 done with truck, 24 have to be shoveled/blown). Two drivers, including myself and two shovel guys.

6. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

You are the man for being 18. I am closing in on 60 and I never did all of that. I like your fleet of trucks. Best of luck to you.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I bet the ladies are glad your well equipped now that your 18.
  8. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Thanks! Thank you. The 3500HD Dump is no longer with me....lol. It needed too much work to keep. Looking for a dump trailer next year.

payuppayupThumbs Up Haha!
  9. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Grandview: Especially the one in everyone of your postings
  10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

The new truck looks nice Thumbs Up ...... You should check out our local weather thread.
  11. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Thanks, Mike! Ill check it out. Ive heard were supposed to have a good year tho! Really hoping to break in the v-plow here soonwesport or at least get that spreader spinning.

12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Looking Good.
  13. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Welcome back ! Looks like you are doing well and thinking ahead, best of luck this year.
  14. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

good job im shaking your hand through the computer right now keep it up i think your going to go far and have stacks some day
  15. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

It's nice to see someone so young take the iniative and work his a** off.
    Good for you! Too bad more kids/young adults would not take your lead.
    You should be proud of what you've accomplished....especially in today's economy.
    Nice looking set-up you have all the way around. Good luck this winter:D
  16. LI snowman

LI snowman Junior Member

Looking good as always. Im liking the MVP. I hope you get to use it so we can see some action pics.

I really wish I lived in an area that got more snow. My truck can handle a plow, I have the money for one but I cant justify the extra insurance expense as I cant really count on snow here. O well, looks like Im stuck as a sub doing sidewalks this year. It still pays well and Im covered so I cant really complain.
  17. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Thank You. Appreciate it!

Thanks. Ive worked pretty damn hard to get all of this. Thank You. Best of luck to you as well.

What kind of truck do you have? Insurance definetly does affect the profit at times. I carry 2MIL for landscaping/snow.

18. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

nice trucks, pretty good for a couple years:drinkup:
  19. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Glad to see someone my age doing so well!

I know it feels good to work for what you have. Lot better than having it handed to you.

Good job, nice equipment and safe plowing bud!
  20. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Thanks. Wish you the best of luck this season.

Thanks. Have a great season.

Heres some pictures of the new truck with spreader and light and cleaned up!