1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beefing up the Front

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PRJDFarm, Jan 31, 2010.

1. PRJDFarm

PRJDFarm Junior Member

I am wanting to mount a Boss v-blade on my 04 Chevy 2500HD w/ a Duramax. It already sits pretty low in the front and I can't imagine what it will look like with a heavy plow attached. Has anyone done any upgrades to beef up the front suspension. I know that I can get a leveling kit and gain a couple of inches but I would like something else to keep the suspension from bottoming out. Any ideas please help! Thanks
  2. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

crank the t bars about 3 turns and put a set of timbrens in for 200 bucks. will make the truck set perfect and when the plow is on wont hardly squat.
  3. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Use the search button and you could read for hours on this topic. :dizzy:
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh there is a lot you can do, cranking the t-bars and putting in timbrens are the easiest and cheapest solutions. you can also purchase aftermarket front control arms that will raise the front end or you can install new torsion bar keys. Start by cranking up the bars 3-4 turns on each side and see where it gets you. The timbrens wont raise the vehicle, they will just stop it from squatting once the rubber hits the stopper. The decrease ride quality a bit in my truck
  5. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

As said before. Crank t-bars 4 turns and add timbrens. I have a 800lb. western poly and this made a world of difference for me. Still sometimes bottom out on steeper aprons for my resedentials but overall really helps.
  6. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

All of the above and make sure you have the gussets on the upper control arm
  7. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

Timbrens and different torsion keys.Your truck has the purple keys in it. You want the blue keys. the green ones are what they put in 1500's. They will put too much preload on your bars. Do some searching online for torsion keys and part numbers. If you can't find it let me know I have it somewhere.

If you really want to make it bullet proof add the coginto leveling kit and upper control arms. Get all the stronger tie rods and gussets too.

BLUE TORSION KEYS are the key along with timbrens.