1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beefing up front suspension.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lodogg89, Jan 3, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Any one have any info on how i could about beefing up my front suspension. Looking to be able to hold some more weight up there. Looking to carry a bigger snowplow. I currently have 7.5ft blizzrad on it. It weighs 550lbs plus the mount. Would like to carry up to 800lbs. I currently hald timbrens on it. Helps a lot, but what else?? BTW Truck is a 05 1500 CREW CAB 6.0

2. T&M Snowplowing

T&M Snowplowing Junior Member

Hi lodogg89,

I would defintly put a set of TIMBRENS on your front end! I installed a set on my truck after it was suggested to me, and I'm glad I did! What a great product!! let me know if you need any more info on them?

-----------------------------------
    2003 Chevy 2500HD Ext-Cab
    8-FootHD Fisher MM2
    Timbrens

3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

since when can you get a 1500 with a 6.0???

4. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

I have one of a few from 05's, from 06 and on the 6.0 is an option is half tons i believe. I already habe timbrens.

5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

The sierra denali has the 6.0. And as for putting a 7.6 boss V plow on it, sure why not. I find it no different then guys puttin 810s and 8611lp on crew cab diesel 2500s. good luck

6. midnightsun13

midnightsun13 Junior Member

you can do 2500 of better torsion bars....fullsizechevy.com has a list of all the bar codes and their ratings

7. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Like midnight says, you can install heavier-duty torsion bars. It's simple and easy.

8. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

Well you forgot one think Its Dangerous, if you havent done it then you won't understand.
    Unloading and Loading torsion bars, I had a puller break when while doing it.
    It was rated at 6klbs.
    Thank god, I didnt have my hands on the wrench when it broke. But it hit me in the back of my hand broke my wrist and I still have the scar.
    That was my second time doing it, and I was being extremely careful when it happened.