1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beefed-up Coil Springs - F-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by piperpm, Oct 21, 2009.

1. piperpm

piperpm Member

Anyone have info/specs/prices on heavy duty coil springs for an 07' ford-f150? Already running Timbrens just looking for better coil springs.

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

But if your gonna plow with it bigger coils might keep the truck level with the plow raised. I payed around 1K for my 2.5 suspension system. You get what you pay for. The cheaper tough country stuff is cheap quality

4. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I have the 2" leveling kit for my truck and love it. Gives me extra clearance for the plow and like what is said above, makes the truck look better. I don't have specific pricing, but you may want to call the dealer and get a price on the snow plow prep springs they make for the 2004-2008 F-150s. It is part of the heavy duty package which also has an extra leaf in the rear and I've been interested in getting those for my truck. They were around $370 for those.

5. piperpm

piperpm Member

Great - I will call the Ford dealer and see what they suggest for the snow plow pkg springs... I'm going to run the Timbrens this year and see how it goes...

6. CATALINA

CATALINA Junior Member

The Ford dealer won't help you. I tried to get Z code springs for my '07.
    After a long search I came up with a vin # of a '07 with the snow prep pkg.
    Which are "Z" code instead of my "U" code springs. Only to find out not available.
    I went to www.coilsprings.com told them I needed "U" code plus 500 lbs.
    $240 plus the Ford dealer to install. Truck sits 1" higher and looks awesome.
    I run 305 BFG T/A's and everything looks fine. Get my New Poly Arctic installed next week..

7. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

i heard plowing goes against the warranty on a 1500 chevy but if you have a 2500 or greater its covered. thats what i heard idk if its the same for ford

8. svt2205

svt2205 Member

Ford doesn't recommend plowing with a F150 unless it is one with the heavy duty payload package that also has the snow plow prep.

9. piperpm

piperpm Member

CATALINA
    Could you send me some pics of your 07 F-150 with the new springs? Curious to see how it looks.Thanks.