1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beef up front end or....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butch74, Oct 26, 2001.

1. butch74

butch74 Junior Member

Gat 89 Ford-150 and a Meyer plow to go with it.
    Worried about sag and/or weight on the front end. Suggestions? Springs, shocks any info would
    be helpful. If ya think I need to. any place good
    on line to check out?

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

You will have coil springs if i remember right about 150 fords and they do sell like a booster that goes inside the coils I think to beef up that front end.

HYDROCLEAN Junior Member

I did see several Ford F150s driving by that had some sort of air bag inside the front coil springs. I was going to go that route but my truck has the shocks inside the coil springs, therefore I couldn't apply that type of air bag. So I picked up a set of much firmer coil springs for my Dodge. Try doing a search on front spring helpers for the F150. Good luck with it. Let us know how you made out.
  4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

5. Cwlo1448

Cwlo1448 Junior Member
    from Chicago

They're called Air bags

I've got a '93 F-150, and I have the air bags installed. Its an easy job- maybe 2 hrs start to finish, and they do help a lot, especially considering how weak the F-150 front end is. They are made by Firestone, and I believe they are called "Coil Rite".
    Take care,

6. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Beefing up suspension...

I'd suggest Muscle LSE load supports or Timbrens (same principle and basic design, but the Muscle LSE is cheaper).

Do a search on the two types and you will find much positive discussion. No air, no bag to eventually leak. Just my opinion, though.