1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Beef" Up 4L80E?? HELP!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by M & MD Lawn, Jul 27, 2011.

1. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I have been reading the forums (did a search) and I saw one said to put a bigger torque converter in and that was about all I saw. Is there anything else I can do to make it stronger. I will be plowing this winter and the trans just start acting up the other day and am waiting to see if it needs rebuild, If so I would liek to beef it up if possible so it will last another 214,000 miles if possible.

Thanks Paul

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Lots of upgrades available. But very doubtful that any will make it last 214k in a plow truck. The biggest thing is to keep it cool. Put the biggest cooler on you can.

3. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

It has one already, not sire of the size though

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Shift pattern is important. Use [R] - [1] - [R] - [1] etc. There are several threads about it, you can search for 4L80 under my user name.