1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bedliner on Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by patlalandebutt, Aug 24, 2009.

1. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

Sorry, i should know better, there will be no pictures for this thread unless someone has this done already, and would be happy to show them.

I was just sitting here thinking, would bedlining (line-x) work with plows, would there be difficulties with snow sticking to the blade? Seems like they are using bedlining on a lot of things now, even the exterior of cars. I am talking about from frame to blade painted in bedlining, because bedlining, also helps resist rust.

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

The front of the blade could deff not be coated unless you wanted a giant ball of snow. however the rest of the plow isnt too bad of an idea.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I've seen them rhinolined and peeling in no time. Linex on the back would probably hold up well though.

4. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I spoke with a Rhinlinng dealer a few years ago & they did several plows with a smoother finish & the customr loved it. The customer was a municipality & they are rough on equipment but the lining held up good. I may do it this year to my V plow but haven't decided yet, I am getting partial to Fluid Film.

5. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

????

What about added weight?

6. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

there are a few plows in our area that have been sprayed with X-Treme liners ( a high temp, high pressure spray on liner) and they have had very good luck with it. it has stayed on and the snow does not stick at all. They have also sprayed dump trucks, agriculture equipment etc. all with good results.

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have a good friend that Rhino lined all of his plows few years ago. Still holding up well but I dont think it will do what you want. Keeps the plows looking nice but snow still sticks to them

8. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

We tryed an application of linex eleven years ago on a 7.5 western. As far as snow sticking it was better than a steel blade, not quite as good as a true polly blade. I wouldnt do it again.