1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bed pocket reverse lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Dissociative, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i stole this idea somewhere on here......
    my dad needed a quick solution for the new truck, and he wants to remove when not plowing.

pretty easy to do....i'd really liek to do one with the new led par36's by sound off....no relay needed.....just a 3 position switch on dash..

top....reverse action
    middle....all kill....all off
    bottom.......force on...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Says there is an issue with the video. invalid format.

3. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

video worked for me. pretty good idea

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Great idea. I see those alot around here...but there usually on the older trucks and are secured with a scre directly into the bed rails. What can I say, we have alot of redneks in these woods.

On another note, what are those connectors called that you showed & mentioned? I need to find a cover for one of mine, but it is a 4 prong....4 pin.

connector.jpg

connector.jpg

5. Grassman09

Weather Packs. You can get them on Ebay cheap and shipping in America to Americans is dirt cheap. Menthion you are from Canada and its triple the price.

6. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

Thats how I used to have mine best thing I ever did. Lights are high enough for good visability and don't have to worry about piles. My truck had permanet tie downs so I used a piece of angle iron to attach them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Nice, thanks. I need to find a cover if not a female connector to protect it. Thanks again.

8. Grassman09

Not a prob. You need its mating partner and fill the side where wires would normally go in with silicone.

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Preciously my thoughts.

10. Grassman09

I get emails from a company called waytek wire (spelling) they sell them. You might be able to order them throe Napa as well.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'll check them out, thanks. I'm hoping Napa or my GM dealer will have something handy.

12. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I've thought about something like that for my truck sometime. Not sure though. My main concern right now is some ambers for the rear of the trailer. I'll probably hold off until next season on them though.

13. Dissociative

DEL CITY.....you can order just the one connector you need. Around 2.00

Thanks for the compliments guys......i hope dad likes them.

14. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Nice. Is that a Bellawood Brazilian Cherry floor 5" planks? It looks just like mine. :)

15. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

This would get posted after I just finished mine. The pocket tie downs are too big for the superduty trucks. Nothing a sawzall and a vice can't fix. I personally don't like the way they look, but I forget about that when I see how well they work.

Looks like a great setup also nice and easy to remove when not needed.

16. Dissociative

there were 2 sizes when i bought these....of course the 2 1/4 x 1 3/4 was too big... i think the other one was 1 1/4 x 2

mabey i'll just cut em.....

17. Dissociative

WOW......good eye man.....yes it is....actually sorted through 750 to find 500 feet of it that is very pretty..all ran on a 45 through the main level of my townhouse....from entry way hall into powder room and galley kitchen and then through main room with patio off it.

i did the install myself, over concrete with the nasty glue and a lot of jiff set level. Single best investment in the home beside the continuous crown molding throughout.

18. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

jeez, i was just thinking the same thing...between those old school tractor/equipment lights screwed to the bedrail (and bedside sometimes) with self tappers and the guys who bolt a 1980's style rotator lightbar to the roof of a brand new truck, we're giving the great north woods a good reputation lol.

I figure the price of my pro rack was well worth the investment for a few reasons-

1. I don't have to put lights in my stake pocket (its handy, but ghetto in my eyes)

2. I can mount lower profile backup lights up high for the reverse lights

3. I can mount other lights, such as my 3" beacon style lightheads and my LED cargo lamp (this weekends projects).

4. I can have a tonno (i know i spelled it wrong) cover (cant put lights in your stake pockets when theres a cover over them)

And the list goes on- Nonetheless- nice job, i'm sure alot of guys out there can use them.

19. Dissociative

party pooper.....

yeah...this is really a "work truck" type mod.....just pure cheap effectiveness......

20. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

Haha, I totally understand. And I like the "portability of them, just hate the way the look. Nice work though, its one thing to clamp, screw or glue em on, its another to do it right...u definately hit the nail on the head.