1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bed liner on a plow mount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PabstBlueRibbon, Aug 9, 2010.

1. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Ok guys, so my mount it pretty beat. Its a uni mount. I have some do it yourself bed liner laying round and was gonna bed line it. Think it will hold up? also how hard is it to remove the mount for a '93 f 350?

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

funny you should ask this question. last weekend i removed the front suspension from my 1996 F350 to install new poly bushings and an add-a-leaf. while it was all apart, i cleaned everything and painted it with some leftover POR15 i had. i was able to get one thin coat on everything, then ran out. so i went to autozone to get some black restoleom to top coat everything. but they were out of it. only thing they had was the brush on bed liner. so i bought it. its thick and kind of slimey. i didn't need it as thick as it was, so i thinned it down and it brushed on a lot easier. the finsh seems really durable. its only been a week, so who knows?

i also removed a unimount frame from the same truck. it isn't hard. but it all depends on how badly your bolts are rusted. once its off, get it sandblasted to really clean it up. check out the western site and go to the publications library to get an illustration of how it all hooks up.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I paint everything in bedliner, spray bomb bedliner.... Add a coat of clearcoat on there and you'd be surprised how nice it looks

4. PabstBlueRibbon

i know the mount is 10 bolts and it does not look that bad. If they are rusted ill grind and punch them out then replace with grade 8 bolts. I just had the bumper off, so that should be easy.

5. hankhill

hankhill Member

I've heard line x has worked great, make sure to clean surface with something like a wirebrush before applying

6. PabstBlueRibbon

im gonna do some sanding with a grinder, then a good cleaning.

7. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i did my mount with undercoating

taking it off is easy but trying to fish those bolts threw the frame is the pain in the a$$ part i put my frame on my self its a a little complicated i think:bluebounc

8. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

I did the same thing. Grind down and spray can undercoat. After that dried, a liberal coating of Fluid Film. I also fluid filmed the underside of my pickup for the first time. I'm anxious to see how well it holds up.

9. PabstBlueRibbon

So after removing the front bumper and looking at the plow mount I said screw it. Ill paint it with the mount on.