1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bed liner for salt box

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cutntrim, Aug 27, 2003.

1. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Planning to get a Rhino-type spray-in bed liner on the new GMC 2500hd I've ordered prior to installing a bed salter. But I'm wondering whether or not a plastic bed liner would be better since I also use the truck in summer for maintenance work. Soil/mulch/grass/leaves would slide out easier with a traditional plastic bed liner.

What do you think?
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

DON'T use a plastic bedliner with a salter.It will trap salt,and brine under it and cause rust.

I'd go with the spray in,and then use a bedmat,or cheap plastic drop in liner for your summer work.
  3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Go with Rhino Lining spray in bed. I had mine done last year on my '02 Chevy 2500HD and I am really happy I did. They are tough, very durable, and has less slippery surface, so there is less load shifting around. Also they keep the truck bed looking very nice and clean. I definitely would go with them again. ;)

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

What was the cost to Rino the 8' bed?I was thinking of having the spryaed in linner into my truck and take the old bed linner out.
  5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

cat320 - my Rhino-Lining dealer charged me around $430 for spraying in my truck 6.5' bed. I think it is a fair deal and you get what you pay for. I am a very satisfied customer. :)
  6. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

please dont use the pkastic bed liner do your self a favor and spend the extra 100 dollars the plastic traps water and will eventually rust the rhino seals the paint almost like a new warrenty
  7. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Thanks guys. Had I have stopped for a second to think about the plastic liner, I'd have realized how dumb that'd be when dealing with salt. :rolleyes: I'll go with the spray-in.