1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bed liner for non stick mold board

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chev_4x4, Jan 1, 2007.

1. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

I just got a new pickup and got a reflex bedliner sprayed in. The installer told me that he was now doing alot of plows because the liner did not allow the snow to stick. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this.
  2. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

ain't buying it!
  3. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I don't know, my friend has the rhino liner in his truck and he can put stuff in that back with no tail gate and it doesn't move at all. I would think it would cause the snow to stick but I have never seen it on a plow so I have nothing to back that up. I don't know if the rhino is even the same type of material as the one you are talking about.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I think it depends on which brand.

I have the Rhino in my GMC and Ram and there is no way the snow would not stick to that. It has a dull rough feel to it and like th e poster above said I can put a bucket in there and not have it slide anywhere.

I also have a 94 Ram 2WD personal vehicle that I hardly drive. That has another brand spray liner in it and I can tell you it is so smooth that the wind will blow things across it. It is almost like black ice slick and after it was sprayed on I complained rather loudly about that fact as the salesman told me it was the "same as Rhino".

I could see the cheaper one being on the plow as nothing sticks to it even on the hottest days where you think it would have the best grip.

So if you tell them to leave it smooth and if it was not as sticky as the Rhino liners are then i would say it would work.

I would wonder about the extra weight it would add to the plow though and also when it is wet enough and cold enough I don't think any thing keeps it from building up 100% of the time.