1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

becon on a salt spreader

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by vincent, Dec 1, 2008.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

anyone have a good idea where to mount a small becon on my snowex 575 spreader.

If you have a pic that would be great, and also how would you wire this, direct, switch, etc???
  2. BostonRamGuy

BostonRamGuy Member

On my 3 internationals I have a double flash beacon mounted to the top of the motor box. Its wired into the worklights I have back there so when they are on the beacons come on too. On the snowex you could screw a beacon to the top of the plastic cap, wire the light using a trailer connector so that when you need to take the top off, you can easily unhook the wiring, and take the cap off while the beacon remains on top. If your looking for a good cheaper beacon let me know ill show you the ones I buy. You would want to hardwire it to a switch in the cab so you can control when the light is flashing.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

You could weld a plate to the front of the spreader to mount it to
  4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

mount two tir3s on the back
  5. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

We have small led on the corners works great and not a lot of extra draw on the battery