1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Becoming Incorporated.. need help

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 2003ctd, Jan 14, 2008.

1. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Does anyone know of website that will help you get incorporated? I live in Illinois, and was able to print the required documents off of the states website. I just have a few qestions, about some of the required information on the form. Can anyone help?
  2. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Your best bet is to pay an lawyer to do it. It will be well worth you money.
  3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Call me and I can tell you all about it 630-201-6137 (evening), I have done mine and BNC's incorporation. Paying a lawyer will wast your money. It's really quite simple, you can mail your stuff in or drive to Springfield and expedite it. Where in Chicago do you live, I'm in Naperville
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  4. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

For the $500 they want to do it, I can do it myself for $150.. All you have to do, is fill out the form and send it into the state, I just need a few questions answered.
  5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

ask way . . . . . . . .
  6. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Were out of Glen Ellyn, I've been in business for myself for a few years now.. But I decided to take it to the next step, and get the INC.
  7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I would pay a lawyer to do it as well. You should get a nice book with your businesses articles' in it. I did not regret the $500 to see the lawyer.
  8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

anyone know of a good lawyer in NW Indiana to do an inc
  9. Twixster

Twixster Junior Member

In indiana you can do it online. I did an LLC on there once. It took about 10 mins and you can pay with credit/debit. The whole process is seriously done in around 10 mins. Hope that helps you dfdsuperduty.

10. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

thanks doug i appreciate it
  11. Spudgunner

Spudgunner Member

This is for Idaho, so YMMV...

My wife has an LLC for her business and I have an LLC for mine.

My wife setup her own LLC using the ID Secretary of State's online facility. I had a lawyer do mine. Ultimately it cost much more (by about 10X) to have an attorney do it; however, I don't regret the choice as I saw what the attorney did and, 1) it confirmed that my wife had done precisely the right things to setup her LLC, and 2) it gave me a "template" of how to setup an LLC in the future.

IMO, the important thing here is to get your LLC/whatever setup and goin' regardless of the method used for initial company formation.

Good luck
  12. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Go see an attorney and ask whether you should incorporate or form an LLC. The tax implications of each animal are different. Some people should incorporate and others would be much better off forming an LLC. Pay the lawyer and you'll get things right. Do it yourself and you won't know if things are right until you get sued.