1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Becoming a Fisher,Western,Snowdogg Dealer

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ColumbiaLand, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Were looking at becoming a Fisher,Western,Snowdogg Dealer for our area as there are currently none to help keep everyone busy when its not snowing in the late fall till spring. We're already hooked up with the distributor for selling and are finishing up that end. Were also moving to a new shop at the end of the month that has great road frontage on a well traveled rd so that will be nice for selling and yes we looked into Boss, the guy down the street already took that market. So the question is has anyone done this to supplement work to keep busy during winter? Any pros and cons would be appreciated. Thanks

2. ColumbiaLand

oh yeah we might be changing over to fisher plows in the future?

3. ColumbiaLand

Come on somebody has to have something to say about this?

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

We have no experience in this. I would suggest that you offer 24hr repair/parts and service at you shop when it is snowing. Also consider a mobile mechanic to do on site/road side repairing also........I feel there is a need for this. Shouldn't be too difficult to advertise amongst the local contractors to get the good word out.

We are pretty self sufficient........but we do pay through the nose for a mobile guy to make a hydraulic hose on site at 2:30am when a loader goes down, if we are unable to do it ourselves. Most "on site" repairs should be basic for a well experienced and stocked mechanic, as many people are not prepared to do it this. And you would be able to charge a premium for this type of service.

Good luck in your new venture. :drinkup:

5. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

how did you guys make out with this? i am interested to see how hard it is to become a dealer

6. ColumbiaLand

Still working on it, we already can sell, Its just become a situation fighting the town were trying to move into where the new shop is. This town which has tons of commercial development has NO zoning so every time anything wants to move in they have to re invent the wheel. Were hoping to have it cleared up by later this week. wish me luck.......
    :gunsfiring::gunsfiring: TOWN PLANNING BOARD

7. billcolandscape

billcolandscape Junior Member

What exactly is the process in becomming an authorized dealer?