1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beating on your Bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Pirsch, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

With these couple snow storms I have seen alot of plow guys with some issues with their warning lights... Almost every time I've seen these guys get out of their trucks and start pounding on their lights.

This only works if your light is a Halogen Rotator and it's gummed up or froze. Today I saw a guy with a Whelen 9000 bar...One of his strobe tubes were out, it's daylight around noon, Another driver told him he's got a light out... Guess what? You guessed it.. He gets out of his truck and starts bang'n on it yelling and screaming because it wasn't working... Next he decides to take a deadblow mallet to it.. Your right...Lense pieces all over!

Now this dude is crying, see's me standing there with my snowblower laughing my butt off... Then he cops an attitude with me! What a wonderful individual.

Oh BTW the other driver had a Code 3 force 4 LP 6105M with a bulb out. Yes Cracked Lense Too!

Kinda makes you wonder about these people! :laughing:
  2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

As Ron white would say... you cant fix stupid.
  3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

That's awesome! LOLOLOL
  4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the older edges the ones with the matrix the relays they would stick and bumb would fix it
  5. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Sooo, you had to keep a homeless guy with you to fix your lightbar?