1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beat To Death Plow Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by f150skidoo, Jan 13, 2016.

1. f150skidoo

f150skidoo Member

So i use to have a 7'-12' Horst snow wing but i lost my contract for doing commercial lots so i sold it and got a old 8' western and mounted it to my 320 Deere skid steer. The skid steer pushes the 8' straight blade like it wasn't there, so I'm thinking of making a set of fixed wings up for it. But i don't want a rubber cutting edge on the wings. I thought about milling slots in a steel cutting edge so they would float up and down like my old Horst wings. Is this a bad idea for a old P/U blade wings.

2. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Interesting idea. I would then be concerned about the wear from the blade movement: shearing a bolt or wearing the metal unevenly. Obviously, this idea is third best after hydraulic float or mechanical trip.

3. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Do it Thumbs Up Round the leading corners off read good so if you strike something it tends to roll up. Make the pivot point at the heel. Try it, shouldn't take long to fab up and then you will know. Might have others lining up for a set :D