1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beat on this

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bolts Indus., Jan 27, 2005.

1. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

The last storm I was entering a lot and dropped the Blizzard 810 (lots of snow) and proceeded to give it the gas. Didn't know there was a concrete raised edge joining asphalt and WHAM. I said " The plows a gonner". Blew my dash apart and knocked the plow lights right out of their housings. Jumped out to look at the plow and not a ding. I repaired the lights. The impact broke the screw receptacles right out of the housing. Had to use self tapping screws to put them back togeither.

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Been there , done that. I have the 810 and the center of the cutting edge now has a bend in it. About 1/2 inch or so.Damn man hole covers :gunsfiring:

3. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda like this(manhole cover)

light.jpg

4. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Darn Manholes

Must be why my lights look like they do. I think one screw still holding, and the electrical tape finally broke. Gotta tape em again. It got a piece of my cutting edge too. 2 or 3 inches by 1 inch chunk out of middle. I guess it could have been worse.

That was first experience with a manhole. Don't want that to ever happen again.

Jeff

What about the curbs when you aren't angled right for plow to trip. The last one spun the burb about 45 degrees. Had to get out and check that one!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

were you scooped or was the edge that high or why didnt it trip?

I've seen pics of a wing catching a curb and the blade still held up pretty well. The blades look VERY well built.

This isnt made to be a blizzard bashing post. I am actually very interested in them for my next blade but the tripping is something that I am always concered with in a blade. Feel free to PM me :)

6. Bolts Indus.

I was 10 foot angled and it did trip but the initial impact before tripping was wham.

7. ratlover

from IL

know what your ground speed was? I havent had my fisher spit its lights out but I have had a WTF get outa the truck and check things over kinda moment :eek: Darnt curbs sneaking up on me

8. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Dave, maybe you should take you a nap and let Harvey drive for a while! :redbounce

9. foyboy41

foyboy41 Member

trip

8000 lbs of curb feeler!!!!! :cry: :cry:

10. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Hey Bolts! That's kinda what happened to me the other day. Windrowed right over two of the individual concrete curbs they had spread thru the lot. That was an eye opener!! Blade tripped and I drove the Tahoe right over it all. Nothing wrong with the plow. Won't forget those things are there now though!

11. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

I haven't been able to bend anything on my 810 yet, but I've tried to...gas station filler necks...speed bumps...train tracks...etc. Could it be I'm not driving fast enough? Maybe the NASCAR drivers' training forum would help...? :nono:

12. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Blew the dash apart?

13. ratlover

from IL

:rolleyes:

14. Bolts Indus.

It was on his side. He should have seen it. :rolleyes: