1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bearing replaement

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Grinch15, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Grinch15

Grinch15 Junior Member

I have buyers tgs05b spreader and last week before salting (always give it quick shot before a long night) i went to grease the bottom bottom bearing and the fitting broke off in the gun tip. So i soaked the bearing in pb blaster and preceded to do that at every stop. Still spins freely, just wondering how hard it is to replace the bearing. Just unbolt the bracket then the bearing from the bracket? Don't mean to sound dumb just wondering if anyone has had this problem before. Thanks

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Just replace the broken grease fitting.
  3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah it pretty easy... TSC carrys alot of them... They have a nice grease fitting kit as well
  4. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

Use a easy out to get the rest of the nipple out. That is if the you can save the bearing.
  5. Grinch15

Grinch15 Junior Member

Can't it broke the thread so some is still in there pulled on the motor shaft tonight and had some up play i assume it should be pretty easy. Just wondering if this is a sign of a bigger problem. Thanks again!
  6. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

Good luck with it I am dealing with some issues as well a 6.5 engine swap and lift cylinder busted the sub frame. It really sucks to have to work on are equipment when we need it most.
  7. skimastr105

skimastr105 Member

Try thebigbearingstore.com. I have had good luck with them.