1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bearing frozen on salter shaft...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Grn Mtn, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

okay, i'm the first to admit not paying enough attention to the bottom of the salter (model 1000) I do pressure wash it throughout the season but not every event.

anyway I went to start it yesterday and it would power on but no spin. so I look underneath and see that the whole bearing assembly is just one big rusted mess, I go buy a new one but now it seems I can't get the old crap off.

i'm wondering if a plastic plate had been put over the entire bottom (like they do over the motor) if this would help prevent the rusting? anyone try this?

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hose it down with Fluild Film and let it sit for a day.

Regards Mike

3. Grn Mtn

I finally got it off with lots of knuckle bustin. but now I have no power, turns out a rat or squirel chewed threw the power cable so I have to fix that. if its not one thing its another.

wish I could remember to do this when its warm outside:p

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yes I wish I could get it done when its warm also. I have to wire up my new salter this week. Yea I know it should have been done months ago.

Regards Mike

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

doesnt that happen to us all

6. Grn Mtn

okay, stopped by my buddy's that fixes all my fixes:D everything is up and running:bluebounc

funny thing is when he told me to turn on the salter and I did I didn't hear or feel anything and thought CRAP, still isn't fixed! Turns out it was on and running, its just so smooth and quite I couldn't tell from the cab.