1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beacon retailers in MA or NH?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by atvriderinmass, Dec 26, 2010.

1. atvriderinmass

atvriderinmass Senior Member

Looking for a beacon. I've found some cheap ones around but can't find a place that has any good ones. Any help would be great.

2. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

craigslist. there's a guy in woburn that has all kinda lights for sale

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

yankee custom cap in tewsbury,saugus,or nashua nh

4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Run over to V.I.P or NAPA...

5. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

We have many instock beacons and minibars.

6. DHDB

DHDB Member

That is Dave in Woburn. I've dealt with him and he's a good man. Check with him frequently, he always has something good for cheap $$$.

7. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

I got lucky at MHQ. They have a couple locations. 2 Whelen LED mini beacons 36/ea. Most other places where 50-60 dollars.

8. atvriderinmass

I looked on craigslist and didn't see him on there. Does anyone have a link or phone number?

9. mikelawtown

from Mass

I have a whelen guardian duel strobe mag mount for sale but not till my other one shows up(should be tues or wed.) paid 149.00 selling it for 90 firm, works great and is bright.

10. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

I have a brand new grote 7620 12v perminut mount amber beacon never used if you are interested.

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

12. DHDB

DHDB Member

This is one of his ads:
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pts/2129527649.html
    Just call him and ask what he's got. He is right off RT 93 in Woburn.

13. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Go to him if you want to pay more than you would for new. Old school stuff, way overpriced.

14. Strobesnmore

The duo responder is a bit costly but by far one of the brightest minibars made and made by the best company in the industry. The Osprey is made in China and if you pay $519.98 your getting ripped off as you can buy them for under $100.00 direct from 911Signal.com who makes them as well as several other Chinese companys. I have never heard of accident coverage but no company that I am aware covers their lights against and accident such as the unit flying off the car. All do however come with warning stickers stating that Magnetic mount lights are specifically not covered if they fly off and should not be considered a permanant mount option. Maybe guys who sell the Osprey do but when your making 500% profit I guess thats always an option. I have been offered the Osprey and sent samples by 2 different companies and even though we did not certify the LEDs to any watt rating I can tell you a 1 watt TIR3 is by far brighter than one of the Osprey heads with the same number of LEDs. Many times you will find overseas lights claiming all different wattages when they are actually not even close.

One thing to look at when Choosing a beacon is the class rating. We have some Whelen $60.00 Beacons but most are not class 1 or 2 rated. Most are class 3 and not considered a primary warning light.

15. atvriderinmass

I found a mini lightbar. It's a Amber PSE 420 dual halogen rotator. Anyone know if it's any good and how does it compare to the Whelen guardian.Found it for $100.

16. Strobesnmore

Not familar with it but for 15.00 more the Whelen is always a good choice. I have a perm mount Whelen LED for 150.00 ill sell you. Its the G9 Guardian.

17. atvriderinmass

I think it's made by code 3 not sure though. Thanks man but things are really tight now and the wife is bitching about this $100 i want to spend on a light. I said to her "well you want me to come home from plowing right?" This will help...haha!

18. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Strobes, do you have anything that could be mounted on my back rack that has alley and take downs in a mini form ? Amber and clear m

19. mikelawtown

from Mass

the rotator will rob you of more power and also are louder than strobes. i can meet you off 495 if you want to see mine. 90.00 firm...

20. maklandscape

maklandscape Junior Member
    from mass

would recommend strobes n more to anyone ive bought many products from them and have been pleased by all. they are very knowledgable and their pricers are the best around. just remember you get what you pay for. if you want to be seen than buy the whelen responder.