1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beacon plug

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEXTDAYSIGNS, Nov 16, 2004.

It has been discussed before but I cant see to find what I need. Trying to use existing beacon switch on 2500HD. I have found the wires now I need your help, I want to mount a plug next to my 3rd brake light but no one has one some what water tight. Has any body found one if so were? Or any other good ideas.
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

NEXT...........A few of us went to the trailer supply or parts store and got a 2 wire male/female conector.

One end is connected to the beacon wires and led out by the 3rd brake light. (You may want to cut a small notch in the gasket for the wire.) Then it just hangs out a inch or two. Then the cab is watertight.

The end of your beacon you mount the other m/f connector.

The +pos end is always covered. Only the the male- is exposed. When connected together they are watertight.

I use a magnetic beacon.....so on/off is easy for me..............geo :drinkup:

BTW: Somebody posted a pic of this method somewhere around here.
    Will look for it.........
  3. jscott

jscott Junior Member

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

on my cat skidloaaders there is a plug that is desgned to run a removable warning light and it is much smaller and more descrete that a cigar lighter, it is right above the op. head and to the rear
  5. Favatts

Favatts Member
    from CNY

Anybody have any pictures of how you wired your lightbars?
  6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

NEXT.........Forgot to mention. On my 01 I had the plug come out of the side of the headliner near the 4th door. I just lead the beacon wire thru the door jamb and plugged it in as needed. So no weather or water issues.

When not I just tucked the beacon plug (truck side) up in the side of the headliner............geo

HEY FAV!..........You ready for snow? :drinkup:

Powerjoke is that plug on our cat inside or out? Trying to do something out next to th3rd brake light. Have tried all the auto and boat stores no luck next going to check the net. T hanks