1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beacon mount on truck bed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawnchoice, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice Junior Member

I have a strobe beacon (8") that I want to mount up on the bed of my truck.

I have seen a couple of trucks with a mount right behind the cab that is basically a pole with a pedestal for the light mount. It might even go in the stake pocket of the pickup.

Anyone know of where I can get one?

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I made one out of pipe and two flanges. The holes in top flange lined right up with the holes in the base of the beacon. used a U bracket to secure the pipe to the front of the bed, and screwed the flange to the floor. Some might say a little cheesy looking, but it's on an 85, so no worries about that here. Painted it with hammered metal paint and put an l.e.d. brake light on a bracket mounted between the beacon and flange. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic soon.
  3. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

try west marine or boaters world they have all kinds of great stuff to hold antennas and stern lights. and most of what they have will last.
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

....or a Back Rack.
  5. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

We have tried those post prebuilt and homemade and find they eventually they get loose and we take them off. We have gone to putting back racks on all of our pickups, for portection as well as a better place to mount a light and backup lights.