1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

beacon light

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by delong95, Apr 1, 2012.

1. delong95

delong95 Junior Member

i have a 1993 Chevy k2500 extended cab and i wanted to get a beacon for it. i was wondering how to wire it to a toggle switch

2. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

Simple diagram for a lighted switch. Just just pull power from a source i.e battery or radio fuse under dash. make sure you put an inline fuse between the source and the switch.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If your good with wiring there's an easy way. That year should have a push button for the bed light, correct? If so, tap into the hot wire at the outside light, remove the bulb, and theres your switched beacon.

4. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

dieselss only problem with that is that for the bed light to be on the cab light also needs to be on. At lest thats how my 98 is.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Is there a switch, like a rocker right under the headlight switch tho?

6. delong95

delong95 Junior Member

i dont have a cargo light or the switch

7. chakakan

chakakan Junior Member

Good thing to do would be add a relay between the switch and beacon. Rotator be will melt the switch quickly without the relay. Strobe will too....LED should be ok.