1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Beacon Light

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dutchman, Dec 29, 2010.

1. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Is it possible to go from plugin to hardwire with a magnet beacon light. And how do I do that
  2. Pushinsnow

Pushinsnow Junior Member

Yes it is. Cut off the 12 volt plug and wire it to a switch. Don't forget to fuse the circuit because the 12 volt plug you need to cut off has a fuse built in.
  3. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Thanks for the help will give it a try
  4. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

I think if you have to ask, you might ought to ask someone to do it for you.
  5. sswt

sswt Junior Member

if your truck has a factory cargo light, then wire it right into that, then you can run the beacon and the cargo light while plowing, and get double effect, safety warning and backup lights!

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

if you do that why dont you just get a permanent?? because the magnetic is useless if its wired into the truck and you cant move it
  7. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

thats funny... if i did that when i unlock my doors the beacon would start spinning up. sure would help finding it in a parking lot :laughing:
  8. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

On mine, I cut the wire and added plug ins about 8" off the light, then ran a wire into the cab through the 3rd brake/cargo light to the fuse panel and wired in a switch. Mine is magnetic. I have to remove it to fit in my short garage.