1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

be carefull diggin snow next to a house see photo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rich414, Apr 2, 2010.

1. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

So I thought I would try and dig the snow away from the house. see attached photos...

2. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

here is the the photo

IMG_3796.jpg

3. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

ooooops I think ya found a soft spot !!!! You making them a walkout ????

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

adding a basement?

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

underground tunnels?

6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

abstract art?

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Found Hoffa burial spot?

8. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Looks like pi$$ poor back filling to me. I've run across stuff like that before...

9. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

looks like you got the snow away.

10. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I hate when that happens...I was doing a renovation once where the h/o failed to mention that he had just filled in the swimming pool w/ all loose fill and didn't finish pumping out the water or remove the liner before doing so...wasn't a good day.

11. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I had a similar experience.

I was tearing down a house in a rural area. I asked where the septic tank was and they told me that it is on a sewer. I was driving around back of the house and guess what I found! Yep, the OLD septic tank collapsed underneath me. I got the loader stuck pretty bad but the smell was the worse.

12. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

"Slow & Sloppy" strikes again. Sorry, but I just couldn't resist pointing out the obvious lack of quality by a competing outfit.

13. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

there was NO compaction with the back fill. but that really doesnt matter, the water needed to drain from that area, not collect. the dirt we have acts just lake a sponge, when it dry forget about digging, if its wet, its like quicksand...compaction helps a little but not much....