1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Be careful

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lcmains1, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Lcmains1

Lcmains1 Member

Out plowing for the first time last night, a guy comes flying down a 150' steep hill and hits one of my trucks. Luckily I had about 2 ton of salt loaded so my truck was pretty solid, his car was not so lucky. Even more lucky, I had a side walk crew in top of the hill clearing walks 10 yards from where he lost control. We determined he was traveling way to fast for the conditions and lost control, he jumped the curb and slid down the hill. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Be careful this winter, there is always one idiot out there.

2. Lcmains1

Lcmains1 Member

Another picture, this is the hill he came down

3. Lcmains1

Lcmains1 Member

Top of the hill where guys were working

4. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

That could have gotten way worse. Glad everyone is safe. What did he have to say for himself?
  5. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

sh!thappens .....check your fuel fill hose

id get a police report and have that drunk put in bracelets
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  6. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

Always takes a couple snows around here for people to remember how drive in snow. They all think they can drive same as a sunny day.
  7. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Man that sucks! Glad everyone was okay!
  8. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

Lcmains1, Is that cobblestone shopping area? If so he had to of ben speeding as the road is up hill too to the intersection for him to slide and go down the hill.
  9. dstifel

dstifel Senior Member
    from Iowa

Sure looks like it is. But yea you are right unless he came from the east bound lane but that is highly unlikrly
  10. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Same here in KC. I was out doing property checks Sunday morning after the dusting we got here and watched a idiot sliding all over the road, 4 lanes wide including 2 left turn lanes, trying to stop because the light was red. Absolutely zero cross traffic and 2 cars stopped at light in right lane, one behind the other. The idiot ended up sliding into and hitting both stopped cars, when all she had to do was take her foot off the brake and steer. She could have ran the light and nothing would have happened. I stopped to check for injuries and just had to ask what the hell she was doing. It was 0630 in the morning and next to no traffic out. She said she was trying to stop because her light was red. I just had to shake my head and walk away. People are so stupid.
  11. Lcmains1

Lcmains1 Member

Yes, it's Cobblestone! He was headed west up the hill. Had to be hauling ass.
    He got out of the car and was scared, that would have been a hell of a ride din the hill
  12. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

I hate accidents! Especially when they can easily be avoided.