1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Be careful what you stack!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mdb landscaping, Feb 20, 2003.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

This was on the front page of the Connecticut section of the Hartford Courant. At a local ford dealership, the owner showed up in the morning to find one of the used cars stacked by the guy making piles of snow that previous night.

ford car.jpg
  2. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Man, how could you not see that? That compnay is going out of business for sure I'd say after the lawsuit and the embarrassment they will get after their name is listed in the paper.
  3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Its easier than you think, I will leave it at that.

4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

yea that is easier than you think epecially in a large loader.
  5. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

That also hoppend at a dealer in this area. But they didnt find it till the following summer.
  6. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

That could be an interesting way of getting payment for service work! :)
  7. asphalter1

asphalter1 Junior Member
    from 08527

I've done it myself with my 966cat loader,it's not that hard to do when theres so much snow,white out conditions and 36 hours of plowing already!!!!
  8. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

It happened to the operator that took my place on our loader Tuesday afternoon when I went home to sleep for a few hours. He got called over by a few students who were trying to dig a truck out and they flagged him down to move a ten foot pile of snow. He started to push the "pile" of snow and he said that after ten feet the snow parted to display the roof of a Honda Civic. The good news is that there was absolutely no damage to the car.
  9. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Ahh..... that looks like an 88 Chevy Celebrity up there, no harm done if you ask me
  10. WhataWinter

WhataWinter Junior Member

Free Advertising?

Looks me like an excellent way to get some more or less free local advertising. Most likely that guy took that car in on trade, being a dealer, for like what? 700 to 1000, had the guy dump it in the pile and voualla <~~~ (sp.) a free and amusing headline in the local paper and possibly a free commercial. Just a thought anyway!!
  11. racer67x

racer67x Junior Member

maybe it was parked in the wrong spot...

didn't you just always want to do that to the car that parks in front of the only place to put the snow? lol
  12. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

guys this car was covered under 2 ft of snow before they had the loader come in.when they plowed they plowed all the cars in.if you watched channel 8 news you guys would of got the whole story
  13. wyldman

wyldman Member

I had it happen as well.Was called out to push back and stack some piles with the skidsteer,and found a 240Z buried in the snow.Police were called and turns out the car was stolen and abandoned.Still not sure who buried it there.
  14. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I almost hit a few buried cars while driving the back hoe down crowded city streets. I was thinking "no problem, I can move over a little to let the oncoming cars get through because I won't get stuck in that pile of snow" but when I got close, I'd suddenly see an antenae or mirror and have to swerve back to the road. So I can see how it would be easy to pick up a car with a big loader & not even know it.