1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Be careful buying Meyer on Ebay

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by roblandscape, Dec 9, 2007.

1. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I just bought a classic mount advertised as new and a bolt kit off ebay from GMPartsBarn the mount looks like some novice fabricated it in his garage and the bolt kit is cheap bolts from home depot. I contacted meyer and let them know about this, theres gotta be a law prohibiting people from doing this stuff. Now my new truck sits in the driveway with the front end off it and the mount wont bolt up.:realmad:
  2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

If he mentioned the word new and it is not then you should be able to contact him and tell him it is not. I would call Meyer and see what they say. I don't think they have serial numbers on the frame but there should be a sticker or something from meyer on it. And yes be careful with EBAY. Do your research first.
  3. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Dittos .. ebay is great for certain items. GOOD LUCK.
  4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Got a link to the auction?
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

GM Parts Barn

I got a bad item from him, I contacted him and told him I was very unhappy with the item , it wasn't as described and I expected a full refund, or his feed back would suffer he did give me the refund after I shipped the item back.
  6. roblandscape

from Phila

Well I contacted him and told him to overnight the missing hardware from the bolt kit he sold me, I doubt he will so I went out and got a new bolt kit. I put the mount on, but noticed where the plow hooks up to the mount, it is not welded straight. I am going to try to put the tube in tomorrow. I contacted Meyer and they want me to send pictures, I realize this guy is trying to make a buck, but he should state that these are home made mounts.
  7. Bens95cobra8594

Bens95cobra8594 Junior Member

Too bad for the problems, that is a pain in the rear.

I've seen a bunch of mounts that have to be cracked apart and then re-welded to replace the king bolt (if it's rusted in place), so I wonder if that is what happened with this guy for the frame.

Hopefully he stands by the product.

I would think if he is a licensed Meyer dealer, they may want to know about it, but if he is just selling reconditioned stuff, the gloves are off.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Link to the auction?? I've looked at several items from that seller.
  9. roblandscape

from Phila

My bolt kit was missing vital hardware. The mount looks fabricated by him with alot of splatter welds. To his credit he did send me the missing hardware but it didnt do me well when I had a truck down for two days while missing parts. Also the mount did bolt up nicely and the tube did slide in. My only other concern is putting the plow on because where it mounts to the carton the flange is welded crokid.
  10. roblandscape

from Phila

Also he tried to charge me 165.00 for truck frieght, but I told him UPS would ship it for 80.00 luckily I know because I buy and sell alot of stuff.
  11. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

i live about 5 minutes away from this guy, he is a back yard mechanic, i think he buys old stuff and fix's it up and re sells it. i think his # is like 814 754 something right?
  12. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I sent him a qustion about the item and asked if he made them. He states that he bought a big lot of them and then tells me how many he has to sell and if I want to buy one.
    No thanks.
  13. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

he also goes around to the local plow dealerships and purchases used plows from the distributors around here, nothing wrong with him trying to make a few bucks, but keep your product warrantied at least enough so you can install it, least i know not to buy anything from him, have had him for a contact for many years, went to his house/garage a few times and he looks like a backyard mechanic, just things everywhere