1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BC Handyman's snow adventures

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by BC Handyman, Mar 5, 2014.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Hello guys, I thought it was time to start a new thread as my other one is several years old. Here is a link if you want to see my first storm picture thread.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=113368

Here is a few pics to start this thread off from what may be last snow of the season.

Picture 4410.jpg

Picture 4411.jpg

Picture 4412.jpg

Picture 4414.jpg

2. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Are you catching a break now? Will it start to warm up your way, here we are into it for awhile yet.

3. BC Handyman

Close, I'll have to go out in morn is salt & sand a few places, but yes the next 10day forcast make it look like winter is over, the big melt has started, today was 5c & my street resembled a river more then a road, it even sounded like a river & the crappy Cranbrook steets made whitcaps lol

I wouln't be too suprised to see another few snows this year though, but they will certainly be a race against it melting kind of days if I do have to go out.

4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Nice pics BCThumbs Up

(as usual, trying to make us jealous of that winter wonderland you live in):)

Maybe the fat lady is going to sing. This weekend is our yearly "spring forwards" where the clocks get turned ahead for daylight savings. It will be 11* C by Sunday (52* F for you yankees), and I'm looking forwards to a nice sunny and warm weekend. I love the spring, and this weather weekend is perfect for me, as I can dress normally, and not sweat a drop.

5. BC Handyman

Well the melt is on in a big way, temps got to 8c today & flooding all over town is going on, the city is out in full force, I ever just had a contractor knock on my door about restoration work cause a bunch of houses are flooding & he thought I was one of then(but I'm dry)
    I had a heck of a day, dealing with a few peoples crappy unmaintained deathtraps of driveways, if it wasn't a prop manager that I do alot of work for I would have walked, or slid away, cause I went into ditch 2 times, one time on purpose so I didnt die sliding off the hill, other time ice decided I should do a 270deg insta slide backwards into a ditch & a tree stump dented my dodge bumper, I could not even walk & if I threw sand down it was instantly washed away like it was a sluice box. so I slipped,slided sideway,backwards every direction......but I got it done, mainly cause I had to so I could get the heck outta there. Oh ya I forgot to mention my 4x4 decided to screw my around by not engaging then locking into place....ya that didnt help.
    Here is a few pics of the flooding next block over from my house. Alot worse spots in town.

Picture 4417.jpg

Picture 4418.jpg

6. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Flooding like that on a 46*F day ???...

Oh, sorry. I meant 8*c :p

That's pretty wild that you'd have that much melting in such a relatively cool day. I guess that Canadian Snow isn't as tough as our toxic NJ snow. It tends to last up into the 50's....

Ooops... I meant 12c's

;)

You plow with the dodge? I didn't even realize you had a dodge until I read this thread and your sig. I thought you only plowed the F250

IF you ask me, the fat lady is singing right now.....

:waving:

7. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

Still lots of snow to be plowed up here I'm sure before spring fully hits but 3* tomorrow and 1* over the weekend. Even that little climb has me grinning :D It was -16 two days ago.

BC, That's a lot of water! You get some rain or something and when do we get the pics of you trying to canoe in the street?

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

With that amount of flooding happening annually you guys should have a rubber duck race with a pig roast, bonfire and beer garden to welcome the change of seasons....Maybe even throw in a Moose doing Magic Tricks and a Flying Squirrel Air show eh.

9. BC Handyman

Well the city is doingf better, but there is alot of flooded places & houses, pumps are sold out everywhere, all contractors that can help are working including myself. I've been pumping out this basement & brought in heaters since the furnace was under lil more then 4' of water. You can see waterline of the amont I pumped out sofar.

Dog, yes I plow with the dodge, albe it not often, more a back up or super busy day truck.....really I have trust issues of someone else plowing with one of my trucks, but if I want to grow more I got to let someone use it more.

Also Buff, this dont happen annually or often

Picture 4441.jpg

Picture 4442.jpg

Picture 4444.jpg

10. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

So it is not just me with the trust issues, I trust there are a lot of folks out there who don't have their plow on the ground, ya no what I mean.

11. BC Handyman

Well it poured rain here last night, but right now it's trying to snow. Dont think anything will accumulate though.
    Possibility of 1-3cm each for wed & thurs.

12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Have fun with that.......
    It looks like spring has sprung down my way, had 65* yesterday and wore shorts for the 1st time this year.

13. BC Handyman

Hmmmm, now they saying 5cm for wed, 2-4cm for thurs, lows of -3c.......I wonder......

14. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

15. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Stupid dodge....LOL

And why does it look like he's smoking in the first pic.....I guess you need to relax...

16. BC Handyman

Yup, that's a only a few hrs North from me, I'll try to find it, but I had a few pics of I think that same bridge with a semi doing the same thing.

17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

18. BC Handyman

Well as the days begin to get shorter I find myself being forced to think about snow. I've already got a few new places, but also lost a few to people moving out of town. I'm sure it wont be long untill the calls start & my route will fill back up. I might be making a big change to my operations this year by not doing sub work, but that is still to be detemined.

19. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Not thinking snow yet, soon it will by my most favorite season HUNTING. If it all goes well there will be blood up to the elbows, sorry is that too graphic. By not subbing will you be able to fill that time for your equipment with your own properties, the joy of small business you better be thinking ahead to the next cheque. Hope summer is going well and as busy as you want to be.

20. BC Handyman

Thanks Chineau, I most certainly am busy as I want to be. Hunting, blood to elbows? I didnt know shooting grouse & rabbits was so messy ;)
    So it has been decided......I'm still doing sub work.....at a higher pay rate. Got just enough of a raise I'm willing to deal with. So that means I'll have to start hiring shovelers end of next month.
    I also turned down a good size job/bid cause the guy I sub for did the snow there last year & is bidding this year, so instead of underbidding him, I'll just stay away from it. I'm sure I'll be busy enough without it.