1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

baught another salter..

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by adamhumberview, Jan 5, 2011.

1. adamhumberview

adamhumberview Senior Member

Hey Guys.. Baught this 99' F-450.. came with the deck and boxes and a fuel tank.. Had the spreader from a friend who used it for spreading seeds on farms.. here is some progress pics.. I will keep posting as it comes along.. hopefully we'll have her done soon..

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. adamhumberview

lets try this again..
  3. adamhumberview

4. adamhumberview

1 last chance and im burning this computer

5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Pic's dont work... They just show X's
  6. adamhumberview

mounted the unit and did the lights so far.. had to do the fenders, tomorrow were going to install the pump and lines and get her ready for paint

7. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Why not mount it to the bed? It would be alot more versatile in the off seaon....
  8. adamhumberview

I dont plan on using it in the off season.. I dont really have use for a truck this size, plus I believe every tool has it's own purpose. More uses and more attatchments = more things to break down = more down time... equipment lasts longer this way I think..
  9. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

Thats a big spreader... how big is it? Nice looking truck and spreader tho.

Are you adding central hydro's?
  10. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

thats looks like a Dakota brand spreader that we used on golf courses
  11. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

what did you do with the flatbed and tool boxes? nice setup
  12. adamhumberview

its a 4 yard hopper... its hydraulic and i put all the hoses fitted to quick connects just incase..

the original owner used it for spreading seed on large scale farming.. it can spread upto 275 feet in width depending on the material being spread LOL

the deck and tool boxes will hopefully be sold.. its only about a year or 2 old.. has a 5th wheel set up on it as well.. the fuel tank was a 350 litre tank..im gonna put it on one of my other pickups
  13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that's the most asinine thinking. they make roll-off trucks for a reason. to each their own, but to have a salt only truck that will be used maybe 4 months out of the year and parked 8 when it could be a nice flatbed just doesn't make much sense.

Good luck :waving:
  14. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

I agree, should have left the bed on. looks kinda stupid with those fenders.:dizzy:
  15. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

With that mentality, you don't make much off snow do you?
  16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking setup. I liked it better with the bed and the salter sitting on that but for your use it sounds like you've got it all planned out.
  17. SnyCo

SnyCo Member

ass clown EGLC also didn't take the time to realize the original poster has massive amounts of lake effect precipitation in his area and much longer seasons then new jersey.
    think mcfly.... think.
  18. adamhumberview

our company also owns 6 tri-axle roll off trucks.. i have no use for a mini roll off and a triaxle wont fit into tight places like this truck will.. and a driver with a regular drivers licence is alot easier than getting someone with air endorsement.. my 19 year old sister can operate for how idiot proof we are setting up this truck to be..flip 2 switches and pull 1 lever and drive..
  19. adamhumberview

the way i figured it is this.. the extra weight of the flat deck, plus the weight of the salter gives me less salt i can put into the truck, therefore the deduction of the flat deck adds for MORE SALT!!

im not big on the fenders either, would have rather went with the plastic 1/2 moons but it came with the unit so whatever.. next year if i make money ill splurge :)
  20. paponte

paponte Senior Member

I like the setup, and agree with with your decision on weight if your only planning on using it for salt. How are you setting up the hydraulics? I have a couple of gas spreaders I would like to run off the trucks hydraulics to avoid problems.