1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

battery

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by chriscat423, Feb 14, 2010.

1. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

have a 2000 ram 2500 with a interstate mt-35 battery in it...when i bought the truck had a new yellow and black top i think optima battery and when i picked it up next day the a hole switched to this crap and i found out 3 weeks later...anyway when i plow light dim alot system quiets and truck stalled 4 times last storm...what is a good battery to buy for my truck to power the truck plow and a lil 10" sub?

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Ya, that battery is NOT what you want. People go round and round about Optimas. Do a search if you want more information on those.
    If it will fit, look into the Interstate MTP-65. It's their best battery, very good recharge rate. That's what my research led me to a month ago for my 03 Ram 2500. About $120.

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Look at the top battery Napa makes.Sorry,I can't remember the name right now.My mechanic buddy uses them on all the HD trucks he works on.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

5. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

the interstate that is for my truck is a mtp-27...i wish my truck had a dual bettery setup the plow drains my battery so bad

6. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

the mtp-65 has a cca of 850 and the mtp-27 that fits mine has a cca of 750...the mt 35 thats in now has a cca of 550 so that is def not correct for my truck...if the interstate battery site says the 27 is to fit my truck should i buy that or just throw the 65 in my truck...anyone have a 2000 or so 2500...what are you guys running thanks

7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

gas or diesel?

8. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Don't buy a battery simply based on CCA.........not for a plow truck. 750 CCA is plenty for any gas truck and most diesels. RESERVE CAPACITY is what matters most for plowing or any big power draws (winches, etc.). Check it out on manufacturer's websites. The MTP-65 has the highest reserve capacity for an interstate, if it fits I say get that one. If in doubt, call interstate and talk to a tech..........
    You can also do a search on this site and get a ton of info on batteries.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  9. chriscat423

chriscat423 Member

gas 5.9l..