1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Battery?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by disturban, Oct 20, 2009.

1. disturban

disturban Junior Member

What kind of battery's are you guys running in extreme cold winters? I needed a new battery so after doing some homework I bought a Duralast Gold from Autozone, I guess they have a few more plates in them and are made by Johnson Controls...anyone here using one?

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have a Die Hard Platinum in my truck and a Die hard gold north in my wife's Yukon. Never had a problem last winter when it was -45 for a week.

3. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I have dual duralast golds in my truck. But they are new last week. I haven't been through a winter with them yet.

4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I have a Die hard gold. My last truck had duralast and was rated in consumer reports a few yrs ago as a top 5....Great battery..no worries with that choice.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  5. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

while we're at it do you want to know about tires too?:D

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have a duralast gold in my truck 2 winters and still going strong.

7. my vote is the Diehard Platinum !!
    huge battery
    no maintenance
    and 10year warranty (5yrs no questions)

tc

8. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

2 duralast golds but i ran one for years with no problem now i have a remote spot light, sirius satelite, strobes, and all kinds of bs going so i threw in another battery out of boredom and anticipation.