1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Battery?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Turkey, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Turkey

Turkey Member

It's time to upgrade my battery, the 7-year old Motorcraft isn't cutting it anymore. I'm undecided whether to go with the Optima Yellow Top or an Interstate MTP-65. The Interstate have more reserve and cca than the Optima. Anybody running either of these batteries in a SuperDuty 5.4 gasser with a V that can comment on how their working out.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I buy the biggest battery I can fit on the tray. I bought their best 1000 ca - 850 cca at Advance Auto Parts and got 4 years out of it. The Optima's are nice but not at $188 nice.
    If your really having problems you can upgrade your alternator to a much higher output one. Right off the shelf / internet. A good automotive electrical shop can upgrade you original one too for about $1.50 an amp.