1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by martyman, Nov 21, 2005.

1. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I hooked up my plow today (2003 jeep TJ) and it worked for 5 minutes perfectly. I parked it and when I tried to get it to work again nothing. I assumed it must be the solenoid and replaced it, after coming back from the plow shop and driving the jeep the plow worked for a couple of anglings and then nothing. If my battery is really low would that cause the solenoid not to work? (I'm pretty sure the battery is almost gone)...

thanks for your replies.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Put your fingers on the top of the relay and have some one trigger it,you should feel it work.
    It may be working but not enough amps available to turn the motor. The Jeep was running when you tried it? The motor on the pump may be near death too. Clean all your connections and put dielectric grease on all of them. Corrosion causes more Resistance to current flow and the pump needs a good ground too.
    The big chain auto part stores will test your battery and charging system for free.
  3. martyman

martyman Senior Member

took the battery to get tested and it was fine...checked the plow motor this morning and it was fine...the last thing left is the main plug and wire that looks like it has a crack in it (I can see green corrosion inside) I don't know what else to try :(
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The crack in your wire with corrsion is more than likely your problem, get it replaced and you should be good to go.
  5. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I've got my fingers crossed because I can't afford a new plow this year...I keep hoping that I will get a sno-way dealer near me.
  6. martyman

martyman Senior Member

just to update that it was just a ground wire...:eek: I checked everthing and my plow have never been cleaner...such a simple thing a plow and so many problems...