1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

battery

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Oct 19, 2005.

1. i have a 100 amp alternator would this work with a dual battery set up. or should i go bigger.

2. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Is it the standard issue GM alternator @105 amps? It will probably hold you for most situations especially with dual batteries. What is the CCA of the batteries? If you are on very long sessions, use a lot of auxilliary power (lights, radio, heater-defroster or salters) or do a lot of short manuvering in small lots you could find low battery problems. Remember to keep all the connections corrision free.

3. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

Dual battery/deepcycle

Hi i used a set=up recently and this worked for me.2 brand new batterys both with rated 875 Cold crank amps (875CCA) One was a deepcycle the other was a regular battery.Ya this idea sounds a little off beat,but my headlites dimmed much less and i use only a 84 amp alternator that puts out a alot more amps at a lower RPM.Anyhow it worked.I asked everbody i could about this setup and how it would work,and they said.Never heard of sucha idea.GO FIGURE.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I'm just using a 130amp alt that came stock with the truck and a optima red top battery i think its 875 cold cranking amps

5. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Should have no problem, I am using dual 1100 cca batteries and a 60 amp alt, I have had no problems staring or running extras, when pushing snow all night. Remember to run big cables and keep the connections clean.