1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Battery with side and top posts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Seaway25, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I'm looking for a decent battery that has both the GM side terminals and top posts other than the Optimas. I would like to buy them but I'm looking for something under $100. Any suggestions on brand and where to get something?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

go to our local autozone store and they will have something for you there. You can pick up a DURALAST with top and side posts with 1000 cold cranking amps. and a 3 year warranty. the same amps and warranty as the optima for under $100. I use them and so does my friend with are dual batterys and they work great. lots of starting power and runs all are truck toys,

3. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

Thank you.

4. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Napa also sells the dual terminal batteries.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I tried an Optima with dual terminals and my hood wouldn't close. Mine is a 97 GM

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

7. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

Sams club has the red top Optima for $139. I want to keep it under $100 though.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Well that makes renewing my membership worth it.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Careful which red top your pricing as there's two that look similar but are different in capacity so of course price. It's usually the least expensive of the two that you find at the big box and discount houses.