1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Battery Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AUB1, Nov 20, 2009.

1. AUB1

AUB1 Member

I guess it's time I added another battery to my rig. I'm running a MM2, the plow lights plus 2 back up and 2 driving lights. There's not much room under the hood...I'm wondering where I should put it. I was thinking about building a box for it and putting it in the front of the box. How should I run the wires, and what gague should they be? Also, do I just run the wires from one battery to the other? Should the batteries be the same CCA's? I bought a new battery last spring but it might not last long with all that draw. I haven't hooked up my driving lights yet, should I be using a heavier relay, or are they all the same. Electrical is not my strong point.
  2. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I added a new battery last year and I ran the batteries in a series. In addition, I didn't have room for the battery under the hood so I put it in the box of my truck. (mounted under one of my tool boxes in a battery box). I used a set of old 4 guage jumper cables and ran them through the box and under the cab of the truck back up to the battery. It worked great and I didn't loose battery power like I have in previous years.